Thursday, June 27, 2013

Susan G. Komen 5k

Post race blog for the Susan G. Komen 5k:

I had been training on and off for the 5k. I endured some great runs at the track for preparation of the race. Sue, my very reliable running buddy decided to run together or run as much as we possibly could. We arrived by bus, thanks to our trusted driver Keri. The event was unlike any event I had been before. There was people everywhere. Up in lifeguard stands and pink everywhere. I was thankful that I had remembered to wear pink and was fashioning my runnerpeeps shirt. When we got there, we found the rest of the peeps and decided to take a few quick pictures and then go to the start of the race. Excitement was clearly in the air as some of the competitive runners had PR'd on this race! Congrats Michelle! 

Sue and I began to run when there was enough room to get past people. We ran on the sidewalk for a good distance and of course walked the hills. It was a hot day and there were many water sprayers on the side to refresh runners/walkers alike. I had just purchased my iPhone the night before and was updating before and after the race and keeping myself out of the soakers range. After the run, I was craving a snack and after many attempts found the food stand and many fun give aways which will hopefully come in handy later on.

Overall, I really enjoyed this race. Next year, I will do the competitive race since I felt like I was just continually zig zagging through people. My favorite part of this race was the Wednesday night track runs with everyone and of course getting to watch the Bruins at TriBeCa with everyone. :)

I continuously feel blessed that I took the leap to become a peep. It's a great group of people! :)

                                       
                                                                   
                                        
                                                The 5 am runners: yes, that is correct. 5 am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment