Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tubing Down the Dan River

Meredith organized a group of peeps and some meet up folks for a tubing adventure. We left early in the morning with overcast and slight drizzle worrying me a little bit about how this adventure would turn out. After we hopped onto 40 and were past Greensboro the skies opened up and it was sunny for the rest of the day.

We arrived and checked in. Received our instructions and were bused up to the drop off point. After allowing everyone adequate adjustment time to get into the cold river; we were off. Steering away from a few trees and rocks. We had a nice flotilla of tubes connected together. I wish I could have brought my phone or camera to take pictures but I know it would have ended up in the bottom of the river. 

When we stopped for our lunch, I jokingly told Meredith to stop tripping me with the rope that held all our tubes together and right after I said that I tripped over the rope (not Meredith's fault) and landed in the rocks (always so graceful). Thankfully, I was alright aside from a few scratches and an interesting smiley faced scratch outline. We stopped again at an interesting cave like dwelling which was great minus the almost knee deep guck you had to step in to get to the shore. Thankful for no leeches!

The trip was fantastic! We were able to have a lot of laughs, meet new people, enjoy relaxing moments and take in the beautiful river all in one short day. I am looking forward to going again and would suggest it to anyone. 

P.S. I have learned that it is important to yell at people about large rocks up ahead instead of telling them over and over again. Lesson learned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment