Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Peaches!!

                                   


Rita and I went to the Farmer's Market in Raleigh to pick up some peaches. I decided after my quick run on Tuesday that I really wanted waffles so I decided that it would be a wonderful idea to make Peach Blackberry Compote instead of using syrup. It turned out delicious.

                                     
Peach Blackberry Compote Recipe
Ingredients:
2 peaches
2 tbsp. white sugar
6-7 blackberries
juice from 1/2 of a lemon

Directions:
Put all ingredients into small saucepan and cook on low while making your waffles. Stir occasionally. The longer you cook it the better the consistency is. I cooked mine for about 20 minutes and it was delicious and a great way to use fruit.

Today, I decided that I wanted to try making a peach crisp. I know cobbler is more southern but I grew up eating crisp everything. My Dad was also very good at mastering a graham cracker base and oatmeal top but I decided to keep it simple today. Last year when I went to IKEA (best store ever) I found this perfect casserole dish for just one person which is perfect for me. I have made personal size everything for myself which is great because I am not a big fan of leftovers.
                                      
       
Peach Crisp Recipe
Serving: 1-2

Ingredients:
2 peaches (peeled and cut into cubes)
¼ c. brown sugar
½ c. oats
2 pinches of white sugar
2 pinches or small shakes of cinnamon
1 tbsp. of butter (cut into small cubes)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put peeled and cut peaches into baking dish. Mix together all the dry ingredients and butter and place evenly on top of peaches. Place in oven for 35-40 minutes or until the top looks brown. Serve with ice cream for an extra treat.

It was so delicious that I had it for dinner tonight. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment