Monday, July 15, 2013

Training Week 2

                                    
   
                                                 (My new running shoes: they feel great!)
After an okay first week of training it felt great to get in the necessary amount of running/cardio in. 

Monday: 
I did water aerobics in the pool for about 45 minutes. It felt great! I love water aerobics especially the frog moves. Hayleigh and Emily taught me some new moves which were great and difficult at the same time. I also did planks and sit-ups for a core workout that I could feel the rest of the week.

Tuesday:
I had been frustrated with my running shoes fit since week one and it came to a full fit on Tuesday when mid run with Sue I popped off my shoes and decided to walk back with my very expensive Belega socks on. I don't think they are ruined, thankfully! We got in 2 miles of walk/run.

Wednesday:
Rest Day/I went in and traded in my running shoes and got the pair that I have now. They feel great! 

Thursday: 
4 mile walk/run with Sue which was super slow because of the 100% humidity. I swear that it feels like 150%. You would think running at 5:15 am it would be somewhat cool but it was brutal. 

Friday:
60 minutes on elliptical which was a blast. I love that machine. I bought a compact one a few months ago which doesn't have the arm things but it does help my abs by keeping me balanced on the machine. I also did a few arm workouts including tricep kickbacks.

Saturday:
I drank lots of water all day on Friday because I was really dehydrated on Thursday after my run. I ran 6 miles on the treadmill. Although, I would have preferred to have run outside I didn't want to run on the lake before the sun came up. And, the ultra benefit of the gym is that there is no humidity and I setthe temperature to 62 degrees. Ahh...nice cool running. 

Sunday: 
Rest Day

Good/bad: I certainly need to make sure I drink a lot of water! I felt great on Saturday even though usually I have slight soreness in my hips when I do over 6 miles. I think the training plan is working great for me and I am excited to see how much farther I can push myself. Excited for week 3! :) 

Is anyone training for a race or a big event? How is your training going?

1 comment: