Sunday, February 9, 2014

Book #4: Catcher in the Rye


I had picked up this very old well used book a few years ago from a book sale at my parents church. I for some reason had never read Catcher in the Rye. I am thinking that it was assigned to me and I must have cliff noted it for a paper.... Not the greatest idea but I have finally read it and I am glad. This is a very well written character that I at first hated but over time noticed his better intentions and struggle through adolescence...because no one struggles through adolescence right? :) 

I noticed the other day using what I had learned from the book with working with my students and other students of the school...instead of being black and white about thinking that the students that were out if class skipping or avoiding their teachers I thought to myself what if their lives were so difficult that they just need time to talk to someone so I began to listen more and want to connect with them more and all in all I felt really good about not being so stern all the time and bringing a little but more me into my teaching. Ahhh... Lessons learned from chapter books.... The best!

No comments:

Post a Comment