Sunday, February 9, 2014

Gregory Vineyards



Phil, Lukas, Lauren and I travelled to Angier yesterday to go to Gregory Vineyards where they make muscadine wines. I don't know why but I love the sound of muscadine and scuppernong... They just sound so fun to say. 

I have been here several times once with Hay and once with Phil but it never seems to disappoint. The wines are a little but sweeter because of the muscadine grape but I love sweet wines and I ended up leaving with quite a few bottles to try at home. My favorites were the love-a- Rita which is a slushie shown above and the Bald Eagle which was a dry white wine.

Angier is quite a drive from Durham but I loved the tour which talked about the differences in grape types in North Carolina and sampling the wine. Hay and I went there in the summer when the vines were blooming but unfortunately in February the vines are not as pretty. I definitely would love to go back in the summer. The vineyard and tasting rooms are beautiful. Definitely worthy a try and it is locally owned with great deals and events happening all the time.

Website: http://www.gregoryvineyards.com

No comments:

Post a Comment