Thursday, August 15, 2013

Celebrations!







The trip to Maine is always a celebration. We are always excited to see one another and everything seems to be squished into a short trip. This time we were celebrating our family. 

I feel like my sister Sara says it best: "My family reminds me, by their very steadfastness, that truth, beauty and goodness exist in the world and that, no matter what there are and always will be people loving people through thick and thin."

I am honored to be a part of this family. They have been through so much in their lives and yet they always remain positive and constant. I can't imagine the impact that these people have had in shaping the person I am today but I am so grateful to be able to celebrate and honor them. 

My Uncle Pete gave a wonderful speech about my grandmother who is always kind and patient. It was so nice to see so many people gathered for such a wonderful person! In my family, you can always count on laughs. Watching my Aunt Kim start a fire, or literally not being able to find coffee for an hour, or sharing stories of when we were growing up...it is always entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment