Thursday, August 15, 2013

Maine: The way life should be. Part: 1


We have always had that quote and honestly there are many beautiful things about Maine. I know I don't like living there year round but it is always great to visit. I typically go home twice a year, once for Christmas and one time during the summer since I conveniently am not teaching. This year we were celebrating my grandmother's 80th birthday which also just happened to be my grandparents 55th wedding anniversary! 

We all coordinated and agreed in the first week of August which worked perfectly for me when I learned that it would also be the weekend of the Beach to Beacon a race I had been trying to get to so that I could run with my uncle....well run behind him. He is significantly faster than me. I will have a post about the Beach to Beacon later.

I flew in to Maine from Baltimore and my mom and I picked up my Dad and headed to one of my favorite places... Bebe's burritos. This restaurant was renovated a few years ago but I actually liked it before where you had to go up and order and squish people into the tiny old building with as authentic Mexican things as Maine could have. I used to go there when I was working as a lifeguard during the summers. Ahh...nostalgic.

My mom and I decided that day would be for resting so we just hung out which was nice. The next day we went shopping. One of my mom's favorite activities but for me not so much fun....but we did get to have Chinese food at Golden Palace which is my absolute favorite Chinese restaurant. I don't know how they don't have numerous locations. Their food is delicious! 

Sara and I hung out in the car while mom shopped and then we went to Aroma Joe's which features "wicked" on its slogan which I just appreciate. For dinner, we went to a little Italian place with my Aunts and Uncle. Then we parted and I spent the night catching up with my Aunt and Uncle which was great. Next day was race day....cue in next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment