Sunday, August 18, 2013

Adventures of a Saturday!





This past Saturday, Phil and I decided to go to Duke Gardens and to the Durham Farmer's Market. The gardens were really nice and since it was slightly drizzly there was only a few people walking. We walked about 1.4 miles which definitely was not a lot but we did work up an appetite for the donut muffins.

The donut muffins from this stand called Savory is awesome. I bought a chocolate one which was really rich. I love chocolate but I was definitely thirsty when I was done. At the Farmer's Market there is also a few food trucks which are my favorite. We bought tator tots with comeback sauce for the Foster's truck. Then we picked up a slice of pizza from Pie Pushers which had an asparagus pizza with feta and mozzarella. They were both delicious choices! The asparagus is a great idea for pizza and the tots were awesome! Phil and I debated for a good 10 minutes about what the comeback sauce was and when we went to buy a drink another person asked what it was and Phil and I were off by a lot. But, oh well it was a lot of fun.

I also ran into one of my students which was a blast to see him. I am looking forward to going back and seeing my students!

Later we went to the Chatham Hill Winery to meet up with a few people (Hay, Beth, Adam, Lukas). We enjoyed the tour and learned a lot about the wine making process. Everyone but myself and Lukas (Phil's friend) enjoyed the dry wine tasting. I decided to try the sweet wines. Afterwards we split a bottle of Pinot Grigio and were able to catch up. Hay and I shared some funny stories about teaching. It was great just to sit and talk.

This was my last weekend before school gets started again and I am certainly ready to go back but it is always nice to share fun times with great people. I feel truly blessed! Much love!


No comments:

Post a Comment