Thursday, August 29, 2013

End of Summer

Summer is official over. While most teachers enjoy a long break from school, I am usually itching to get back even when I work a summer part time job. Contrary to popular belief teachers are not paid during the summer so we have to budget out money from all of the months. I would prefer to be paid for twelve months but I feel I might be alone in that. The break is definitely refreshing but I am always excited to hear about how my students summers were and hope that they are looking forward to another year forward. One more year closer to our ultimate goal of graduation!

Here are some before and after shots of my classroom. It's amazing how long it takes to get a classroom ready and even then I don't feel ready.






This is the first year that I won't have some one else in my room with me. Although, it certainly is nice sharing my room with others I am excited to add a reading nook in for my students to dive into some books. 

Students always remark at how colorful my room is and amazingly enough it reminds me of my apartment. There is just something very warming and welcoming about color. I hope that all the other teachers have had a great start to the new school year!




No comments:

Post a Comment