Monday, September 16, 2013

Chili Cook Off

Hay and I have entered ourselves into a chili cook off at work. She has an awesome recipe...which betting on her fabulous chicken parm recipe hopefully it will be a winner. However, I wanted to challenge us to make a chicken chili because it is much healthier than beef and because of my genetic mutation I don't eat a lot of red meat (red meat over time has been linked to increases of colon cancer). 

So, Hayleigh and I have been toying with this idea for a month and yesterday when we got together  we bought all of the ingredients and were on our way back to her place when I scrolled down and noticed we were going to need a food processor. Whoopsies. Hayleigh and I then decided due to our hunger and the fact that we had just been paid that we should dine out and try this recipe again later when we have all the necessary ingredients and equipment.

Hay and I have a long list of things that we say that we are going to do but haven't done everything to fruition. But, that is what makes us, us. 

The chili cooking (actual cooking) will continue on Monday. Stay tuned.

Any awesome chili recipes out there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment