Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Leap


Comparing and contrasting parts of the atom. A good example of students engaged and learning. Note: the bottom portion is not as effective with learning. 


This past week, my students have been developing powerpoints on specific topics including: air pollution, water pollution, renewable and non renewable resources and solid and hazardous wastes. One of my students googled air pollution and up came a picture of a dog which he initially used in his presentation until I informed him that dogs have very little to do with ozone depletion. Hence, my drawing. (Kids do the strangest things)

I have decided to take a huge leap and apply for my National Board certification. I am excited to begin this journey on evaluating my teaching practices and to prepare myself to reflect on the good, bad and ugly (note dog and ozone depletion comment) of my classroom. I was able to attend a seminar yesterday about the process and I began to become extremely anxious but I know that the outcome of this process will make me a better educator even if the instructions to one portion is 300 pages long. I am relieved that there are 8 other teachers from my school that are slowly easing their way into this process as well. We will be able to support each other along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment