Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Weekend Happenings


A few weeks ago, Phil and I decided to stop for Loco Pops in Durham which was my first time. The board was definitely fun to look at. I decided on a Cognac Salted Caramel which had too much cognac taste for me. But, Phil enjoyed almost all of it as well as an Apple Pie Loco Pop.



This is one of my favorite healthy new snacks. Fresh popped popcorn is delicious... with just a little bit of oil and lots of pepper and garlic salt. Yummy and low on the weight watchers points! Win. My Grammie G. loves popcorn and I am sure she would be able to show me a thing or two about making it. 

After a very lazy Sunday, Phil and I decided to go out for dinner at a new sushi place: Mount Fuji Sushi. The sunset roll had the perfect amount of lemon on it but the sauces were taking over the deliciousness of the rolls. Slightly disappointed but their Japanese soups smelled delicious so I definitely will be back to try again. And, they give a discount to Duke employees on Wednesday and Sunday which is a plus. 


The Bright Leaf District is my new favorite find in Durham. It has small shops and has a small town feel for where it is located. It was nice to walk down the pathway which reminded me a lot of Portland, Me. 



Phil and I made a delicious white pizza at his place. Finally eating in. :) Someday, I would really love to have a bread maker to make my own dough. This one was a generic store bought thin crust which was okay but definitely not as great as homemade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment