Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Book 3 out of 50: Chicken Soup for the Soul: Runners


I seem to be reading a lot these days which makes me very happy. I finished my 3rd book the other night which my mother bought for me a few years back when I began running. I had started the introduction of the book but never finished it. I really love the Chicken Soup series of books which there are many titles. I read Chicken Soup for Teens when I was a teenager which I loved very much because it made me feel like I wasn't crazy for being so moody all the time. 

The running book was filled with great stories some funny but mostly encouraging stories of why running is so powerful for people and why people push themselves to the next level. While I have never said I wouldn't do a full marathon I am happy sticking with my half marathons but this book made the idea of a full a little more appealing to me. I am grateful that I put aside time to read this and now it is one of my books off of my goal list. Yay! 

47 more to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment