Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Homemade Granola Recipe



The other day I was at panera looking for a weight watcher friendly snack and settled on a yogurt and granola parfait which was a whooping 7 points but had the most delicious granola on the top of it. I decided to try to copy the recipe and make my own granola which came out very good. I love that I am making my own recipes to make things healthier for myself.

Homemade Granola

4 cups of oats
3/4 cups chopped pecans
1/3 cups shredded coconut
1/2 cups of brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup olive oil 
1/4 cup honey
1/8 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together and then place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees rotating every 10-15 minutes until brown. It took about an hour to finally bake all the way.



No comments:

Post a Comment