Monday, January 13, 2014

Lilly's Pizza

My personal pan pizza.

Phil's pizza

Phil and I went to Lilly's Pizza a few weekends ago for a quick lunch. We wanted to compare Lilly's Pizza which is voted best in town compared to Pizzeria Toro which unfortunately is closed due to a fire in the building so we were relying on memory for the comparison.

Lilly's Pizza is located near Brightleaf Square which is a quaint place near downtown Durham. The building is very interesting with memorabilia for the various sports in the area. Both of them had homemade crusts and homemade sauce. Yes! I usually prefer a thicker crust but to me the crust from Lilly's Pizza was overwhelming compared to Pizzeria Toro. So, in the long run I feel like I would prefer Pizzeria Toro. Either way, you cannot go wrong with any of these pizza places they both are locally owned pizza places that are interesting and eclectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment