Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Food Truck Rodeo



I am a huge fan of food trucks. One of my first jobs as a teenager was working for a company that had the first food truck in our small town in Maine. This past weekend Caty and Justin invited us to go to the Food Truck Rodeo in Durham. I was so excited that I barely ate anything all morning so that I could save my points up for something off of a truck. When we got there it was packed! Caty finally found a spot and my anxiety began to creep up but I was still so excited that I just kept going. We walked or squeezed our way through the whole event looking at where the longest lines were and which ones sounded good to us. Phil found a truck that had falafel tots at it so of course we had to try that. They were delicious and had tzatiki sauce with them which is actually quite good on WW points. 

After that starter, Phil and I ventured around again trying to find a short line to get a meal from. At one point Phil was behind me and asking me why I wasn't moving but there literally was no place to walk. It was so stressful for me who rarely does crowds especially to this caliber but I made it to a shorter line at Bandido's. Hay has told me many times that she and her sister Whitney used to go to Bandido's all the time so I have asked her lots of times to go but we always settle on La Cocina. I figured why not try it and see if I liked it. I ordered a burrito and Phil ordered nachos. The burrito was eh but the nachos were of course delicious. Hard to go wrong with cheese smothered things except of course on my points. Needless to say I didn't need to eat dinner that night so I only went over my points a little bit. Yay! 

I don't know if I would go back to the food truck rodeo but it definitely was worthy try. One thing down that I have always wanted to try.

Have you ever been to a food truck rodeo? What did you think? Where did you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment