Friday, January 24, 2014

The new semester begins...


This semester is off to a great start. I am teaching one class with my bestie Hayleigh which is so exciting. It has been awesome to work with her and see what a talented teacher she is. She has the perfect balance of serious, slightly playful, and warm. Our students so far are doing a really great job. It is quite a large class but thankfully we are getting through it together. I can't wait to continue working through out the semester together and learn what I can from her. <3

My other classes are off to a great start as well. I have put into place some new ideas as well as some new books to use with the class including "7 Habits for Highly Effective Teens." I loved the book and am hoping the students will learn to use the strategies as they need them in their life. I also use "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Teens" which by far is their favorite because I created a worksheet that goes with each one of the headers so we do a small activity after each one. I like both of these books because it makes for great transition from school to work which I am always looking for and it allows for great discussion in class about what they want from their life and how to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment