Sunday, December 8, 2013

Galloway Program


www.raleighgalloway.com

I decided a month ago to join the Galloway training program for half marathons. They have marathon options as well. My friend Meredith has used this method and has been injury free for two half marathons and multiple road races.

Yesterday, I went to the first day and received my training book, t-shirt and hat. I love the shirt and am excited to wear it this weekend for my first run with the program. It was pouring rain yesterday so I opted not to get my feet all blistered up for one training run. I am looking forward to running with people that are in my pace group since I am a very slow runner. I am signed up for multiple road races in the spring which is why I am going to use the training program. 

Training Plan for this week:

Monday: strength training/cardio
Tuesday: 30 minute run
Wednesday: strength training/cardio
Thursday: 30 minute run
Friday: yoga
Saturday: 4 mile run with Galloway Team
Sunday: rest day

Having extra time off every afternoon has allowed me to work out more after school and has been great for Hay, Carly and I to spend more time decompressing from the day and spending time with each other. :)

I am almost working on this plank challenge. I started it in Novmeber but stopped after my half marathon so I wanted to try again. I really like this challenge because I feel stronger every time I do a plank which I am sure is true and plus it is nice to feel like I am getting a good core workout in.



No comments:

Post a Comment