Monday, December 30, 2013

Summerville Christmas

After spending a few days with Phil's mom and her husband Tim we headed just down the street to his Dad's and his wife Gretchen's. We went to a Christmas Party with Phil's soccer friends from grade school. Some which live in the Durham area. We had a great time celebrating the holidays and Hayden (Phil's brother) birthday.



Tuesday, we ventured into downtown Summerville where Phil who had a pretty bad cold had thai hot noodles. (Which I tried this past weekend and had a lot of bread and a cup of rice to squelch the amazingly hot noodles. Never again.... so hot!) The Pick Thai restaurant that is in Summerville is quite delicious and definitely worth a try if you are in the area. After lunch it was quite chilly so I found a cute cafe and thankfully they had a delicious chai latte which I now got Gretchen hooked unto.

The walk around Summerville was chilly but we were able to find little shops that were locally owned. I found this one in particular to be interesting because it had a lot of Maine products. I might have to go back again. Tuesday night we had Christmas dinner since we would be leaving Christmas afternoon because Phil had to work on Thursday.

Christmas morning was the hardest thing for me because I hadn't anticipated it being as tough to be away from family but thankfully we were able to skype which made it a little easier. <3

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment