Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The best Christmas gift... or gift ever...

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about.... Christmas and of course gift giving. I was thinking that maybe the clue to the best gifts were in thinking of all the gifts that I have cherished over the years.

Some of my favorite gifts I have ever received have been the random thoughtful gifts that thankfully don't cost much money (because budget friendly is my favorite word this season). These gifts are my absolute favorite because they are very thoughtful and have the gift receiver in mind. Here's a few of my favorites:

Reminiscent gift: Hayleigh gave me a pint glass last year that said "Bringing awesomeness since 2011" which I always drink out of because of course it is awesome. Hayleigh and I have been through many fun times and it is nice to look at the glass and think of all the time we have shared together.

Coupon Books: My parents would give us coupon books for: game nights, movie with mom/dad, pizza nights. Things that didn't cost much but I remember so much because it was time that I was able to spend with my family.

Experiences: My Uncle Pete and Aunt Kim would always spend one on one time with my sisters and I. We would go out to the mall or on adventures to find a view to see Mount Washington. Either way, it was great to spend time with just them especially growing up with 2 younger sisters. When I have nieces or nephews I hope to carry on the tradition that Uncle Pete started.

Here are some other articles in giving personal experiences or gifts: the best presents in my opinion.

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/giving-experiences-not-things-this-holiday-season/

http://citymomsblog.com/desmoines/giving-the-gift-of-experiences/

What are your thoughts? What are the best gifts you have given or received?


No comments:

Post a Comment