Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Galloway Run #1: 4 Miler



This past Saturday, I convinced (Phil convinced) me to go to the Galloway training group. We were doing 4 miles which to me is a easy distance but when you have to wake up at 6:30 am on a Saturday and run in 38 degree weather, you think twice. When I got there, I noticed that everyone had gloves. Wow... that would have been smart, I thought. We were running at Raleigh Running Outfitters off of Sawmill Road in Raleigh. The owner of the store offered us a generous discount for that day.... which meant I had to get some gloves. Yes!

The director of the program announced all of the rules/procedures for the run which were quite intricate (we have to yell every time the curb breaks or a car is coming) all wise things though.

Once all of the other groups were done we began our race and it was nice to be able to talk to someone and not feel like I was going to die from my lungs having no air. We did a run/walk/run pattern of 1:1 minute. I loved it. It was the perfect time to just get started and then come back down again. When I was finished, I was so impressed with how good my muscles felt. I was on cloud 9.... dancing and singing in my car. Definitely looking forward to next week. 5 miles. Then 6, then 8. Yikies! But, I am so looking forward to being able to complete races and be able to walk afterwards. It's the simple things in life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment